Personal Injury Law is the name given to the branch of tort law that covers any wrong or damage done to another in his person, property, rights, or reputation. A personal injury can happen in a traffic accident, because of a faulty product or a faulty repair, because of a mistake during medical treatment, or because you slipped and fell on a wet floor or pavement. Examples of personal injury law causes of action include professional malpractice, wrongful death, liable, slander, trespass, and nuisance.
Recent Georgia Supreme Court Decisions:
- MCDOWELL et al. v. HARTZOG et al. (Ga. 2013) More Information & Full Text
- HOLLAND et al. v. CAVINESS (Ga. 2013) More Information & Full Text
- KESTERSON et al. v. JARRETT et al. (Ga. 2012) (rejects argument that severly disabled party appearing in court unduly prejudices jury) More Information & Full Text
- MCREYNOLDS v. KREBS (Ga. 2012) More Information & Full Text
- THE LANDINGS ASSOCIATION, INC. v. WILLIAMS et al. (two cases) (Ga. 2012) More Information & Full Text
- HOOVER v. MAXUM INDEMNITY COMPANY (two cases) (Ga. 2012) More Information & Full Text
- GATES et al. v. GLASS et al. (Ga. 2012) More Information & Full Text
- COUCH v. RED ROOF INNS, INC., et al. (Ga. 2012) More Information & Full Text
- SMITH et al. v. ELLIS (Ga. 2012) More Information & Full Text
- GFI MANAGEMENT SERVICES, INC. v. MEDINA (Ga. 2012) More Information & Full Text
Top Rated Personal Injury Law Resources:
Individuals may represent themselves in legal matters. Self-help should be considered when possible adverse consequences are relatively modest.
|#1 Cummings & Lewis, LLC: With our 50 years of combined legal experience, we at Cummings & Lewis, LLC provide a wide range of legal services from Personal Injury Law and Social Security Disability to Workers Compensation. (Suggested by Alexander P. Lewis)|
|#2 Sansone & Lauber: Sansone & Lauber is a personal injury and criminal defense law firm serving St. Louis and surrounding areas. We are dedicated to our clients, locally and throughout Missouri and Illinois. Sansone & Lauber is a personal injury and criminal defense law (Suggested by Benjamin J. )|
|#3 Injury Law Group: The lawyers at Injury Law Group are experienced personal injury attorneys dedicated to fighting hard to protect your legal rights after an accident. Our firm’s sole mission is to help injured victims (Suggested by Mark Aalam)|
|#4 Boca Raton Personal Injury Lawyer: The Personal Injury Attorney at the Leifer Law Firm has been helping victims just like you receive compensation for their injuries and losses. (Suggested by Corey Leifer)|
See More Links | Suggest a Link
|#5 Cummings & Lewis, LLC: With our 50 years of combined legal experience, we at Cummings & Lewis, LLC provide a wide range of legal services from Personal Injury Law and Social Security Disability to Workers Compensation. (Suggested by Alexander P. Lewis)|
ADR Options for Personal Injury Law:
- Mediation: Mediation is a recommended approach to resolving legal disputes before resorting to adversarial litigation. Mediation FAQ
- Arbitration: Arbitration is generally less expensive and time consuming than traditional litigation. Georgia law authorizes arbitration of a wide range of disputes. Arbitration FAQ
- Hybrid Mediation-Arbitration: Hybrid mediation-arbitration provides parties an opportunity to reach a voluntary settlement of some or all issues in dispute followed by arbitration of issues that the parties are unable to settle voluntarily.
- Case Evaluation: Case evaluation is an alternative dispute resolution method that is useful in the early stages of litigation.
- Discovery Audits or Masters: Discovery auditing service is available for litigated cases to help resolve complex discovery issues effectively.
Use the Center for Legal Solutions Georgia Attorney Directory to locate attorneys with experience in this subject area. See Attorneys listed on the right side of this page.
Our legal community-driven guide highlights the most relevant, timely, and useful links available.
|#9 Green Law Firm: Personal Injury Law Firm in North Charleston, SC. We handle cases including car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, slip and falls, workers compensation, wrongful death and more. (Suggested by Judi McCabe)|
See More Links | Suggest a Link
|#10 The Clark Law Office: The Clark Law Office is a full service law firm serving Okemos and the Greater Lansing area. (Suggested by David Clark)|| |
|Find Georgia Personal Injury Plaintiffs Attorneys|
| Dispute Resolution Pledge|
Client Communication Pledge
Pro Bono Service Pledge
Find More Attorneys