Civil rights laws are meant to protect individual liberties. Civil rights litigation frequently involves claims against government and public agencies for violating constitutional and statutory civil rights.
The Center's Civil Rights Reference Page is under construction.
Recent Georgia Supreme Court Decisions:
- ASSOCIATION OF GUINEANS IN ATLANTA, INC. v. DEKALB CO., et al. (Ga. 2013) More Information & Full Text
- CITY OF COLUMBUS et al. v. GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION et al. (and vice versa) (Ga. 2013) (upholds laws protecting billboard views against constitutional challenge) More Information & Full Text
- ARRINGTON, SUPERINTENDENT v. COLLINS (Ga. 2012) More Information & Full Text
- FINAL EXIT NETWORK, INC., et al. v. STATE OF GEORGIA (Ga. 2012) More Information & Full Text
- DEMOCRATIC PARTY OF GEORGIA, INC. v. PERDUE et al. (Ga. 2011) More Information & Full Text
- FULTON COUNTY et al. v. ACTION OUTDOOR ADVERTISING JV, LLC et al. (Ga. 2011) More Information & Full Text
- DUPREE v. SCHWARZKOPHF et al. (Ga. 2011) More Information & Full Text
- HALEY v. THE STATE (Ga. 2011) More Information & Full Text
- GRADY v. UNIFIED GOVERNMENT of ATHENS-CLARKE COUNTY (Ga. 2011) More Information & Full Text
- Williams v. The State (Ga. 2010) (racial composition of death penalty jury pool may be based on decennial census rather than current composition of rapidly changi) More Information & Full Text
Top Rated Civil Rights Resources:
Individuals may represent themselves in legal matters. Self-help should be considered when possible adverse consequences are relatively modest.
See More Links | Suggest a Link
|#2 MTL Law: If you are looking for experts in civil matters such as personal injury, automobile wrecks, tractor-trailer wrecks, negligence liability, medical malpractice, and other matters, MTL Law ready to help. (Suggested by Dan Honkanen)|
ADR Options for Civil Rights:
- Mediation: Mediation is a recommended approach to resolving legal disputes before resorting to adversarial litigation. Mediation FAQ
- Arbitration: Arbitration is generally less expensive and time consuming than traditional litigation. Georgia law authorizes arbitration of a wide range of disputes. Arbitration FAQ
- Hybrid Mediation-Arbitration: Hybrid mediation-arbitration provides parties an opportunity to reach a voluntary settlement of some or all issues in dispute followed by arbitration of issues that the parties are unable to settle voluntarily.
- Case Evaluation: Case evaluation is an alternative dispute resolution method that is useful in the early stages of litigation.
- Discovery Audits or Masters: Discovery auditing service is available for litigated cases to help resolve complex discovery issues effectively.
Use the Center for Legal Solutions Georgia Attorney Directory to locate attorneys with experience in this subject area. See Attorneys listed on the right side of this page.
Our legal community-driven guide highlights the most relevant, timely, and useful links available.
|Find Georgia Civil Rights Attorneys|
| Dispute Resolution Pledge|
Client Communication Pledge
Pro Bono Service Pledge
Find More Attorneys