Workers Compensation laws are designed to ensure that employees who are injured or disabled on the job are provided with fixed monetary awards, eliminating the need for litigation. These laws also provide benefits for dependents of those workers who are killed because of work-related accidents or illnesses.
Though related to personal injury law, workers compensation is a separate and distinct process from tort litigation is state courts.
Recent Georgia Supreme Court Decisions:
- SCOTT v. SHAW INDUSTRIES, INC. (Ga. 2012) More Information & Full Text
- SMITH et al. v. ELLIS (Ga. 2012) More Information & Full Text
- ARBY'S RESTAURANT GROUP, INC., et al. v. MCRAE (Ga. 2012) More Information & Full Text
- LUMPKIN CO. v. GEORGIA INSURERS INSOLVENCY POOL (Ga. 2012) More Information & Full Text
- MULLIGAN v. SELECTIVE HR SOLUTIONS, INC., d/b/a ECONO AUTO PAINTING et al. (Ga. 2011) More Information & Full Text
Top Rated Workers Compensation Resources:
Individuals may represent themselves in legal matters. Self-help should be considered when possible adverse consequences are relatively modest.
|#3 Pond Lehocky Stern Giordano: 2005 Market Street 18th Floor Philadelphia, PA 19103 | Phone: 215-568-7500 (Suggested by Samuel H. Pond)|
|#4 Christopher M. Fox: Phone: 215-568-7500 • Location: 2005 Market Street, 18th Floor Philadelphia, PA 19103 (Suggested by Christopher M. Fox)|
See More Links | Suggest a Link
|#5 Corey Pollard Law: We help injured and disabled workers in Virginia recover benefits and obtain top-dollar settlements. (Suggested by Corey Pollard)|
ADR Options for Workers Compensation:
- Mediation: Mediation is a recommended approach to resolving legal disputes before resorting to adversarial litigation. Mediation FAQ
- Arbitration: Arbitration is generally less expensive and time consuming than traditional litigation. Georgia law authorizes arbitration of a wide range of disputes. Arbitration FAQ
- Hybrid Mediation-Arbitration: Hybrid mediation-arbitration provides parties an opportunity to reach a voluntary settlement of some or all issues in dispute followed by arbitration of issues that the parties are unable to settle voluntarily.
- Case Evaluation: Case evaluation is an alternative dispute resolution method that is useful in the early stages of litigation.
- Discovery Audits or Masters: Discovery auditing service is available for litigated cases to help resolve complex discovery issues effectively.
Use the Center for Legal Solutions Georgia Attorney Directory to locate attorneys with experience in this subject area. See Attorneys listed on the right side of this page.
Our legal community-driven guide highlights the most relevant, timely, and useful links available.
|Find Georgia Workers Compensation Claimants Attorneys|
| Dispute Resolution Pledge|
Client Communication Pledge
Pro Bono Service Pledge
Find More Attorneys